Monday, September 06, 2010

Embarrassing Self Revelations

I know that I have gained a few pounds the past few years and outgrown quite a few pairs of pants...But today I actually didn't recognize myself in a photo. When I did, I blushed in shock at my own ability to keep such a static perspective on my weight gain. I felt like I had just noticed toilet paper stuck to my shoe at prom an hour after going to the little girls room. I suddenly became aware of something that had to be apparent to everyone else for months. I don't feel sorry for me and I am certainly not going to beat my self up about it...BUT HECK it stung when I was slapped in the face with that realization today.
Note to self...Remember how THAT felt every time you tell yourself that you deserve McDonald's.
Lesley

No comments:

Post a Comment