Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Best Weight Loss App Ever!


Must Use App for weight loss!!!

This past week has gone surprisingly well. I have been keeping track of all of my daily calorie intake with this amazing app. It is called My Fitness Pal, it also has a website. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/learn_more


This little app is amazing!!! You can enter your starting weight, your goal weight and set your daily calorie goal according to how much weight you want to lose each week. Then just add everything that you eat, which is extremely easy. You can search for any food and they will have it. For, example I love Panera's Tomato Soup, and they have it listed or whole food's original hummus and they have it too. I have been quite impressed with the vast amount of food they have in their data base.

Along with the food, it has the calories per a serving, which you can adjust to the size of your portion. My favorite part is that it has all of the nutritional information for each food. Meaning that you can see how much protein or sodium or vitamin A you are getting each day. It also shows the goals for each of these nutritional categories, so you can see how you measure up each day or each week.

And finally you can keep track of you weight and other measurements if you choose.

This app greatly opened my eyes to what I was eating, the calories in foods per serving size and the nutritional value or lack there of in my everyday foods. It has made me more aware of eating healthy, with out feeling like I have to only eat raw vegetables, cause that just won't happen.

Being a busy medical student, this has been perfect for me? Check it out online or for your iPhone or Android.


Lesley

No comments:

Post a Comment